St Peters Hospital, Chertsey, Surrey
Sunday 24th September 2017
9.00am - 4.30pm
The Movability course presents an innovative way of thinking about human movement. We integrate advanced mobility and stability strategies, along with motor control techniques – to deliver RESULTS
Personal Trainers: Keep your clients with you during injury and recovery. Add a little extra to your PT or group classes or start a revolution, it all starts here. Stand out from the crowd with our RMC course.
Therapists: Learn how simple mobility tools can quickly and effectively help you improve your results both in and away from the clinic by targeting common dysfunctions that cause pain and impair performance.
This movement course from RockTape UK will teach you the knowledge and practical skills to improve mobility, stability and motor control to rehabilitate or improve movement and performance for your individual clients or in a small group setting.
The course introduces simple assessment techniques to expose and identify movement dysfunction to inform corrective strategies.
Engage your clients in their own recovery and performance management using a combination of up-to date knowledge, proven motor control strategies and versatile mobility and stability tools.
Course Includes a FREE RockNRoller (£40 RRP)
On the course you will see and experience the rapid changes in joint function and overall movement quality as we stimulate the neuromuscular system and restore form. The techniques are tried and tested on both elite and non-athletes by the experienced tutor team who work with clients on a daily basis.
We keep the principles simple but provide further reading for those seeking more. Current theories and evidence inform all that we do.
We guarantee this ‘one day’ will be a high value investment for you and your business.
1. Teach the current theories governing the safe and effective use of mobility tools to promote recovery and improve movement.
2. Teach the current theories governing the safe and effective use of resistance bands to promote recovery and improve movement.
3. Deliver guided practical workshops to teach the correct use of balls bands and rollers.
4. Introduce Movement Assessment.
5. Facilitate mobility and stability routines for common dysfunctional movement patterns.
6. Understand the concepts to implement a customised mobility and stability regime.
Following the course the learner will be able to…
1. Explain the mechanism of change elicited by self mobilization techniques.
2. Explain an exercise that complements the aims of a specific mobility exercise.
3. Correctly execute ball, band and roller techniques.
4. Effectively teach and guide ball, band and roller techniques including explanation of the benefits.
5. Effectively perform and instruct a simple movement test.
6. Identify at least one abnormality when assessing a movement pattern, if one is not evident then comment on a potential one.
7. Perform a mobility routine incorporating the objectives above.
8. Instruct a one to one mobility routine consisting of a minimum of three linked exercises including explanation.
FREE RockNRoller. This innovative roller includes end caps and carry straps allowing you to store tape and mobility gear inside while you sling it over your shoulder to get across town to your next client. It also comes with a large technique poster and a mobility booklet. Each participant will get a free roller worth £40.
DISCOUNT: At the end of the course you will have the opportunity to purchase the balls and bands that we use on the day at a significant discount. You will then qualify for our professional discount which will allow you to purchase the mobility products and tape at a discount for yourself, colleagues or for resale.
Where: St Peter's Hospital, Physiotherapy Department, Guildford Rd, Lyne, Chertsey KT16 0PZ
When: Sun 24th September 2017 9:15am-4.30pm. Registration 9am
Includes: Course notes, Roller, Morning/Afternoon tea.
CPD: A personal certificate of attendance with CPD hours will be issued upon completion.
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before scheduled class date. Training may be cancelled if a minimum number of trainees is not reached 2 weeks prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training. We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, if it looks like a class will have to be cancelled we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, as we cannot refund travel expenses related to cancelled/rescheduled seminars.