- Kinesiology Taping Courses
- BIRMINGHAM FMT1&2 Seminar - 22nd & 23rd February 2020 join us for 1 or both days!
FMT FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT TAPING
Kinesiology Taping Evolved
At ROCKTAPE UK we are committed to delivering the highest quality kinesiology taping seminars in the UK. We believe education should be informative, movement-centric and fun. Our approach is guided by evidence but not shackled by it. We teach taping concepts that can be used with elegant simplicity to create lasting change to complex problems. We understand there is still much to learn. ROCKTAPE is the future of kinesiology taping education.
24 Earls Court Road, Harborne, Birmingham, B17 9AH
Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd February 2020
9.00am - 4.30pm
FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT TAPING 1 (FMT1)
This 1 day workshop is a perfect introduction to our taping theory and concepts. Based on previous feedback it is suitable for both novice and experienced tapers. The course is aimed at Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Sports and Massage Therapists, and Personal Trainers. If your profession has not been mentioned please contact us to discuss the course suitability. FMT1 aims to teach you lots of taping techniques and the concepts on which they are based. This will equip you with the skills and understanding to effectively apply ROCKTAPE to virtually any problem within the musculoskeletal system.
FMT1 Course outline:
- Theory and Concepts of Kinesiology taping
- Practical Introduction
- Symptom Reduction Taping (SRT)
- Research Review
- Oedema Control Taping (OCT)
- Dynamic Postural Taping (DPT)
- Power Taping Method (PTM)
FMT1 Learning Objectives:
- To understand proposed mechanisms behind the effects of Kinesiology Tape
- To gain a basic knowledge of the research in Kinesiology taping
- To learn and practise correct tape cutting and handling skills
- To learn the concepts behind 4 main types of tape application
- To practise application of the 4 main types of tape application
Watch Course Feedback from AthleteFix here
Visit our YouTube channel for loads of great technique videos:
FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT TAPING 2 (FMT2)
This course has been designed for those who have completed FMT1 or another introductory taping course. If you have taped before, are confident of the basics and are looking for some advanced taping skills this is the day for you. Put simply FMT2 will take your taping to the next level. FMT2 will refine and expand Symptom Reduction and Postural Control tapings learnt on FMT1 and introduce exciting new techniques such as ‘Tweak Taping’ to enhance and elongate the effects of manual therapy. And our unique movement screening and ‘Power Taping’ applications.
FMT2 Course Outline:
- Detailed Research Review
- Advanced Symptom Reduction Taping
- Advanced Postural Control Taping
- Tweak Taping
- Movement Screening and Power taping
- Integrating ROCKTAPE into your clinical practise
- Clinical problem solving
FMT2 Learning Objectives
- Improve knowledge of research evidence
- Perfect tape handling skills
- Expand scope of what injuries/problems kinesiology taping is used to treat
- Improve understanding of how to best use taping as part of your treatment system
Where: 24 Earls Court Road, Harborne, Birmingham, B17 9AH
When: Sat 22nd & Sun 23rd Feb 2020 9:15am-4.30pm. Registration 9am
Includes: Course notes, Tape, Morning/Afternoon tea.
CPD: A personal certificate of attendance with CPD hours will be issued upon completion.
Find out what previous attendees thought of this course